Safeguarding & Child Protection
Kingsbury High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
It is recognised that this can only be achieved through sound procedures, good inter-agency co-operation and the recruitment and retention of competent, motivated employees who are suited to, and fulfilled in the roles they undertake.
Ofsted 2018 Inspection:
“Safeguarding is effective.
The leadership team has ensured that all safeguarding arrangements are robust and fit for purpose, and that records are suitably detailed. Pupils report that they feel safe in school. They say that staff are approachable if there is something that troubles them or that they need to share.... [S]taff and governors, ensure that the safety and well-being of pupils is a priority. Staff follow the school’s systems and processes carefully to support pupils’ welfare.
Staff and governors are clear about their safeguarding roles, and work effectively with parents and external agencies to safeguard pupils. Staff have received appropriate information and training covering all the statutory guidance.”
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Sarah Purtill – email@example.com
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Alexander Yeung – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Headteacher: Jeremy Waxman – email@example.com
- Head of School (Lower School): Anton McLean – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of School (Upper School): Rachelle Regan – email@example.com
- Safeguarding Governor: Georgina Bondzi-Simpson