Mr Gibson interviewed two of our Year 7 students with some popular questions about the transition into Year 7. We hope this helps you get a feel for what it is like to be part of the KHS community.
What do I current Year 7s think of the school and the transition process?
If you attended the transition meeting did you find them useful and why?
- Yes, they gave me a lot of helpful information for the future year.
- Yes, because they answered some of my questions.
- I found them useful because it helped me answer my question
- I found it useful because I got to know some things about KHS.
- Yes, because the teacher was able to answer many of my questions.
- I found them useful as families need to be aware of important stuff happening. Joining the meetings
- They were useful because it helped us understand more about the school and we had opportunities to answer questions and get them answered.
If you were to plan a day for the current Year 6's, what would you include?
- A few fun activities.
- Sports, crafts and arts and team building games.
- A tour of upper and lower school, make them play some sports, do some activities from other subjects (for example DT or Computer Science) and meet your form tutor. Also, writing a letter to your form tutor.
- Art, science, music and pe.
- It would be a taster day, and you get to learn all about your school and teachers and fill it with activities.
- A speech by the head teacher.
- Activities such as PE, Drama and Music, some fun learning which will make everyone comfortable.
- If I were to plan a day for the Year 6's I would include a tour of the school, the chance to meet the teachers and a brief idea of what a typical school day might be like.
In one sentence describe how you feel about settling into secondary school
- I feel good
- I have thoroughly enjoyed the transition from primary school to secondary school; thank you to all the staff that have helped settle us in.
- Happy and welcomed.
- Hard lots of homework thrown at you.
- I describe it as a bit challenging.
- I feel amazing because I made so many new friends and I learnt new things.
- I feel nervous settling in.
- I feel great and can't wait to see what's waiting for the next chapter of my life.
- Good and happy.
- I am feeling great about settling into secondary school.
- I feel excited because I made new friends and I know the place better.
- I feel very happy and excited because I am finally in secondary school, and it was not as hard as I thought it was.
- Really good I know my way now and I know where I have to go for lessons.
- It's scary at first but when you spend time in it it will become easier and you will get to know your way around.
- Really good lot of changes but it feels good.
- I feel excited because I will be making new friends and trying new things.
- Confident, because I know most of the teachers and I made my way through the school.
- I feel very normal and happy that i have friends and is a lot different from primary school.
- I feel excited and hope to learn new things.
- The school is awesome.