Meet some current Year 7s
Our very own current Year 7 students would like to welcome you and show you around.
What is life like at KHS - Through the eyes of Year 7 students
Here is what the current Year 7s think
Year 7 2019/20
What the students thought about Kingsbury?
Overall, how happy did you feel at KHS? On a scale of 0 (not at all) to 10 (completely)
91% (173) completely happy
How confident do you feel about settling into secondary school? On a scale of 0 (not at all) to 10 (completely)
88% (167)- feel confident about settling into secondary school
I feel confident that…I will have friends at my new school
98% (185) Agree or strongly agree
2 % (4) disagree or strongly disagree
I will be able to find my way around my new school
88 % (168) Agree/Strongly agree
2 % (4) Disagree /Strongly disagree
I will be able to cope with the new workload at secondary school
80% (151) Agree / Strongly agree:
3% (6) Disagree /Strongly disagree
In one sentence, describe how you feel about settling into secondary school?
- I feel pretty good because I have made lots of new friends
- A new chapter that makes me more mature.
- Nervous and happy and a little sad.
- I feel happy about settling into secondary school however I do feel pressured.
- It’s a big school but I have friends and have settled in.
- I feel amazing and it's a very good school.
- I feel very happy because I have made a lot of new friends.
- I was scared and quite worried but now, after two weeks I feel more confident.
- I feel nervous but also exited and confident.
- At first, I was nervous but I then began to know the school and all of my wonderful teachers and then I loved the school and settled in just fine.
- I feel happy and confident because I have my sister and her friend in Year 9 who support me all the time, so do the teachers and staff.
- I feel quite nervous in the mornings slightly worried, but not sure why.
- I feel welcomed and now that I know the school I feel much more confident.
- I feel good since I’ve found new friends and they are like me so.
- It is a new experience that challenges me but I try my best to handle it.
- I am doing really well as I am getting lots of rewards and help from all my teachers!
- I feel very anxious as it’s a big school but also excited.
- I feel happy about the transition to high school because I meet new people and experience new things.
- I feel good at first i didn't know where to go i got lost now i feel confident in high school.
- I feel really enjoyed and happy.
- I think I am fine, and I am sure it will be okay in a few days as it takes time settling into a new environment even though I miss primary.
- I feel great but if you are late they give you a detention which is pretty harsh.
- I feel happy because I am growing older and going to make new friends.
- I feel amazing!
- It was scary at first, but now I am used to it.
- I feel really comfortable and relaxed.
- I have made a lot of new friends and i am enjoying most of my subjects.
- It is a great experience and i have made lots of friends already.
- I think it’s quite fun, I’ve made a lot of new friends the teachers are really nice and welcoming to.
- At first, I felt nervous and scared, but now I feel quite confident and comfortable in secondary school.
- I found it easy to settle into high school and even though no one from my school came with me, I made many close friends in less than a week.
- It feels like primary school.
- I feel good about secondary school because I have made friends and the teachers are nice/ kind!
- I feel happy but at the same time feel nervous about having lots of people. and the fact that they are all older than me.
- I feel good because I have made new friends and I also have my friends from primary school.
- I feel weird because I never move around at primary school to get to periods.
- It is confusing and great.
- I am still trying to settle in with the new environment but overall it is pretty good.
- Normal because it like primary but bigger.
- Nervous and exited.
- A big change.
- Very nervous but sometimes exciting or fun.