Sixth Form Admissions
For September 2022 entry all our option column information and application forms will be released online on the date of our Open Evening 23 November 2021.
KHS SIXTH FORM OPEN EVENING 23 NOVEMBER 2021
When is the open evening?
6.30pm-8.00pm Tuesday 23 November 2021
Where is the open evening?
Kingsbury High School, Princes Avenue site NW9 9JR
Who can attend the open evening
- Any KHS Year 11 with their parent or an adult guardian (by prior arrangement with Year Leader)
- Any external Year 11 students with a parent or carer
How is the open evening organised?
- Enter via main reception by the front car park
- There is usually enough car parking space available
- Meet and greet senior staff and Stage Leader
- Visit subject and enrichment stands, talk to staff and students
- Apply online
- Read below for application details
What if you can’t make the open evening?
- You are still very welcome to apply
- There are VIDEOS featuring an overview of the KHS Sixth Form and the application forms will be online from 23 November on this page
APPLYING TO KHS SIXTH FORM
Before applying online
- Watch the videos ‘What do students say?’
- Watch the videos for your chosen subjects
- Look at the entry criteria
- Look at the Option Columns. Posted at the bottom of this page on 23/11/21
How many A-Level subjects should you take?
- You only need to study three A Levels or BTEC Nationals equivalent to three A Levels.
- You may study four A Levels, especially with Further Maths and if you are unsure which three to study and wish to drop one throughout Year 12.
Studying Btec Nationals
- Nearly 25% of students at university achieved their place by studying vocational courses such as Btec Nationals.
- Btec Nationals are equivalent to A Levels and are awarded as Pass; Merit; Distinction, Distinction*
- Btec National Certificate in Information Technology is equivalent to one A Level.
- Btec National Diploma in Business is equivalent to two A Levels, so you will need to study another A Level or Btec Certificate to make it equivalent to three A Levels.
- Btec National Extended Diploma in Applied Science or Health and Social Care or Informational Technology are each equivalent to three A Levels so you only take one of these courses and that will allow you to progress to university.
- We also offer a Cambridge Technical in Art which is equivalent to 1 A Level. It is a qualification very similar to a Btec National Certificate except our teachers find that our students prefer this art course to a Btec art course.
Does KHS Sixth Form only offer A-Levels and Btec courses?
- Yes – we offer Level 3 courses (A Levels and Btec Nationals).
- The Sixth Form does not offer GCSE or Level 2 programmes.
APPLICATION FORM – EXTERNAL STUDENTS (from other schools)
- Application form deadline 18 February 2022
- External application form only – click here from 23 November 2021
APPLICATION FORM - INTERNAL STUDENTS (KHS)
- Expression of interest form needs to be completed by 12 December 2021.
- Expression of interest form for KHS students only will be issued by email to all Year 11 on 23 November.
- Applicants will then receive a link to an online application form after receiving your trial exam grades in January 2022.
- You will receive a 1-2-1 interview in the Spring term to discuss your choices as well as support for college applications.
- Following the 1-2-1 interview, we will write home with a conditional offer letter based on you achieving the entry criteria to study your aspirational subject choice.
Kingsbury High School's Internal Applicants
Predicted GCSE grades will be used in reaching a decision about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of the course/subjects you have chosen. Your predicted grades are guided by your mock examinations. Each KHS Year 11 student will have a follow-up one-to-one meeting in the Spring term to discuss your application form and choices.
External applicants will be contacted in the Spring term regarding your application for a meeting to discuss your courses. Last year, we had well over 200 applications externally for around 40 places.
We are only able to offer provision for students who need to re-sit GCSE Maths. Students must have a minimum of a Grade 4 in English Language or Literature.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or call the school on 020 8206 3000 and ask speak to the Director of Sixth Form, Mr Senior.