Skip to content ↓

Kingsbury
High School

#KHS2021Challenge

As part of their Sports Leaders UK level 3 course, a group of our Year 13 students have created a challenge to encourage students, staff and the local community to be active and help raise money for charity.

The #KHS2021Challenge involves people selecting an activity of their choice and being creative with the number 2021. Walking, running or cycling 20.21km for example. Doing 2021 press ups over 10 days..... doing 2021 skips...... 

They are encouraging students to ask friends & family for sponsorship and for staff and members of the wider community to make a donation once they have completed their individual challenges.

All donations will be given to two charities. 80% of proceeds will be donated to NHS Charities Together, a group of 140 charities that champion the work and needs of NHS staff across this country. The remaining 20% of contributions will be given to The Trussell Trust, an organisation with a network of 1,200 food banks across the UK, providing support and emergency food packages with the aim of eliminating food poverty in the UK. 

Nouh El-Ouaz,  the leader of the group of students that organised the challenge commented - 

"We wanted to focus our donation efforts mostly towards the NHS because of the impact this pandemic has had on its workers and institutions. It's all well and good showing our appreciation by clapping, but we also wanted to go a step further and make a direct impact on the people who are altruistic enough to ensure our wellbeing on a daily basis, even before Covid-times. We were also acutely aware that in a time of financial struggle as the one we are facing now, food banks and other similar organisations would probably be under a fair amount of strain. So, the decision was made to donate some of the £2021 to the Trussell Trust ."

Donations can be made at the following website - https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/2021KHS