Summer Holiday Activities for Brent Children and Young People hosted by BRENT
Many activities are being set up at short notice due to the impact of Covid-19 and government guidance on service planning.
For younger children information is available on the Brent CFIS website.
The Brent Youth Zone website features all activities taking place in Brent over the summer for young people aged 11+ with activities being updated on a weekly basis.
Information on further youth activities within the charity and voluntary sector is available from the Young Brent Foundation.
1. For young people over 11 (secondary school age and to support 16 – 19s)
- Roundwood Youth Centre, Harlesden. A free summer programme will be run by Sport at the Heart for 5 - 18 year olds from 3rd August for 4 weeks (30 young people a day).
- Young people at risk of becoming NEET. From 20th July Prospects are running face to face advice sessions from Roundwood, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am - 3pm.
- Young Carers. The Gateway Partnership’s two dedicated Young Carer Support Officers provide regular phone/video contact with young people.
2. Activities for children and young people with SEND:
- For disabled children and young people, a playscheme targeted at families with social care involvement will be available. DARE will provide activities for children aged 3-18 from the Village School. Some additional places may be available for families who want to purchase activities. Send an email to email@example.com or text 07721 857224. If families don’t have an allocated social worker and need support or advice they should call the SEND Consultation & Support Line on 020 8937 4463 for more information.
- SEND virtual activities: Online activities include: the Institute of Imagination Hub for young people with SEND; a programme of activities from the Royal Society for Blind Children; and a physical activity programme from Disability sports coach for children of all ages with disabilities.
Brent Inclusion Service – 13th July 2020