Measuring And Assessing The Impact Of The Careers Plan
Measuring the Impact
Measuring the Impact of the Careers Curriculum
How the School measures & assesses the impact of the careers programme on pupils - September 2020-21
- The school is using the ‘Compass evaluation tool’ to assess ongoing progress in relation to the eight Gatsby Benchmarks.
- The school has a ‘Careers Plan’ in place to track progress in relation to this year's priorities and the eight Gatsby Benchmarks.
- The ‘Careers Plan’ is reviewed termly.
The following steps are in place to evaluate the effectiveness of its careers programme each year.
The evaluation cycle involves:
1. Review of the objectives of the programme with a focus on outcomes for learners & assessing if the objectives have been met
2. Using feedback to adapting the programme to continuously improve it so it meets the objectives
The evaluation also involves looking at a range of evidence such as:
- Options pathways
- Destinations data
- Feedback from students e.g. their understanding of different careers and pathways
The school’s next strategic review of the Careers information published is: Autumn Term 2021.