BTEC National Diploma in Business
The BTEC Level 3 Diploma is worth 2 A-Levels. The course is made up of six units being studied over the course of two years; four mandatory units and eight optional units that are chosen by the school. All units are fully comprised of 100% coursework. This course is equivalent to TWO GCE A Levels.
- Unit 1: The Business Environment
- Unit 2: Business Resources
- Unit 3: Introduction to Marketing
- Unit 4: Business Communication
Eight units to be selected by the school
Students will develop and be encouraged to acquire the following range of knowledge and skills through the study of a broad spectrum of units:
- Practical skills: personal organisation and time management; ICT skills
- Presentational skills: producing a business report; making an oral presentation
- Personal skills: working in teams; discussing problems or issues; leading a team
- Cognitive skills: investigative and research skills; problem solving; decision making; using theory to analyse a real organisation; planning a project
All units are internally assessed by students’ portfolio. Each internal assessment is set by the to the exam board guidelines, internally marked and externally moderated. The Assessment is 100% coursework and includes case studies, assignments, projects, and performance observations.
Overall, five GCSEs minimum grades 4. We require at least GCSE English or GCSE Maths grade 4.
The course provides knowledge and understanding of various aspects within Business Studies, and is ideal for learners that wish to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study in the same vocational area.
Please see Ms Gorsia for more information