Business Studies A Level
IN THE FIRST YEAR STUDENTS STUDY THE FOLLOWING TOPICS OVER TWO UNITS:
• What is business?
• Managers, leadership and decision making
• Decision making to improve marketing performance
• Decision making to improve operational performance
• Decision making to improve financial performance
• Decision making to improve human resource performance
IN THE SECOND YEAR STUDENTS STUDY ALL THE AS TOPICS PLUS:
• Analysing the strategic position of a business (A-level only)
• Choosing strategic direction (A-level only)
• Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A-level only)
• Managing strategic change (A-level only)
Three written exams; 2 hrs each, with multiple choice questions, short answer questions, essay questions and a case study with approximately six questions.
Overall four GCSEs grade 6 including grade 6 in English Language and grade 6 in Maths. You do not need to have studied GCSE Business.
Students will gain a holistic understanding of a range of business contexts, develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and want, alongside ethical responsibilities. In addition, they will generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues, alongside acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision making and problem solving, and be able to apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts.
See Mr Patel and Mrs Gorsia about A-Level Business Studies