History
Kingsbury High School started out as Kingsbury County School in 1925, becoming the Kingsbury County Grammar School in 1944. Two secondary modern schools, Tyler’s Croft Girls and Boys, were opened on Bacon Lane in 1952, and the three schools merged to become a comprehensive in 1967.

In 1993 a majority of parents voted for the school to gain Grant Maintained status, which brought direct government funding and a degree of independence, for example, over admissions. The school rapidly gained a national reputation for computing, emphasized when The Queen personally chose the school for her launch of the royal website.

Kingsbury High was then designated a “beacon school”, charged with sharing its good practice with other schools. Specialist status in Mathematics and Computing followed in 2004 and the years 2010 and 2015 have seen highly successful Ofsted inspections confirming Kingsbury High as a "good" school. The school has consistently maintained a very good level of examination performance with a record 77% of students gaining five A* - C grades including English and Maths in 2013.

The school converted to Academy status in December 2011, reluctantly, in the knowledge that this would bring greater funding for the benefit of our students. Kingsbury High remains committed to the comprehensive ethos and to national terms and conditions for teaching staff. We have retained our straightforward name "Kingsbury High School."