As a comprehensive, community orientated school, we do not charge for routine activities. Nor do we request a donation from parents at the start of a child’s school career.
However, there are some discretionary activities for which we do have to charge. These include residential visits and some holiday revision classes. Music tuition is charged for but is subsidised by the school.
If parents experience hardship and find it difficult to meet these costs, the school will always aim to help.
Are you eligible for free school meals?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please note you are not eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
How to apply
Registering is really quick and easy – you can apply online at https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals and get an immediate answer. If you are eligible, your child’s school will be notified within 5 working days.